Cynthia Radnitz, Ph.D.
B.A. Duke University 1984
M.A. State University of New York at Albany 1988
Ph.D. State University of New York at Albany 1990
Post-doctoral training in cognitive therapy, American Institute for Cognitive Therapy, New York, NY
Fellow, Academy of Cognitive Therapy
Graduate of the Behavior Therapy Training Institute of the International OCD Foundation
Graduate of the Virtual Professional Training Institute of the TLC Foundation for Body Focused Repetitive Behaviors
New York (#010990) since 1991
New Jersey (#3565) since 1998
Authority to Practice Interjurisdictional Telepsychology (APIT) granted by the PSYPACT Commission on 01/13/2022.*
Relevant Work Experience
Professor of Psychology, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck NJ 1990 to 2020
—I have taught graduate courses covering cognitive and behavioral assessment, cognitive-behavioral therapy, addictions, and behavioral medicine.
—I have provided clinical supervision to doctoral students conducting cognitive and/or behavioral therapy.
—I recently completed a term serving as Director of Clinical Training for FDU’s doctoral program in Clinical Psychology.
Staff Psychologist, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Bronx, New York 1992 to 2007
—From 1999-2007, I conducted evaluations to determine disability compensation for mental disorders.
—From 1992-1999, I conducted both group and individual therapy for veterans with alcohol and drug abuse problems.
Private practice for 22 years
Honors and Awards
Garrett Award from APA Division 22 for early career development 1999
Emerging Research Award from the New Jersey Psychological Association 2001
Over 60 book chapters and articles in refereed journals
Edited a book published in 2000, entitled Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions for Persons with Disabilities
Married with one daughter and two rescue dogs.
Julie DiMatteo, Ph.D., ABPP
B.S. in Psychology and Sociology, Fordham University 2007
M.A. in Clinical & Counseling Psychology, William Paterson University 2009
Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, Fairleigh Dickinson University 2016
New Jersey #6006 since 2018
New York #024209 since 2021
Authority to Practice Interjurisdictional Telepsychology (APIT) granted by the PSYPACT Commission on 03/16/2022.*
Board Certified in Behavioral and Cognitive Psychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP)
Certification in PEERS® for Young Adults (in-person and telehealth)
Relevant Work Experience
Staff Psychologist, Assistant Director of Outreach & Prevention, Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ 2017-2022
– Coordinate university-based outreach and prevention programming on campus
– Provide individual and group therapy to undergraduate and graduate students
– Conduct outreach programming and consultation to campus staff and students
– Supervise doctoral level externs
Coordinator, COMPASS Program at Fairleigh Dickinson University, Teaneck, NJ 2012-2014
– Managed a comprehensive academic and social support program, and provided individual and group therapy, for college students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Adjunct Professor, William Paterson University’s Department of Psychology, Wayne, New Jersey 2010-2020
– Instructed undergraduate and graduate courses in psychology
Relevant Training Experience
Post-doctoral Fellowship in Cognitive Behavioral and Dialectical Behavioral Therapies, Manhattan, NY, 2016-2017
– Provided CBT and DBT therapies to adolescents and adults
– Co-led multi-family DBT skills group
– Attended Behavioral Tech, LLC Foundational Training in DBT
Pre-doctoral Internship, Northwell Health System’s Zucker Hillside Hospital, 2015-2016
– Provided CBT and IPT therapies to women across the reproductive cycle diagnosed with perinatal mood and anxiety disorders
– Conducted individual, family, and group therapy with adolescents on an acute inpatient unit using CBT and DBT informed treatments
Dr. DiMatteo completed additional training at New York Presbyterian Hospital, Seton Hall University’s Counseling and Psychological Services, and Fairleigh Dickinson University’s Center for Psychological Services.
Honors and Awards
Guterman-FitzSimons Award, Fairleigh Dickinson University 2015
Foundation Award, New Jersey Psychological Association 2012
12 peer-reviewed articles and presentations
Dr. DiMatteo is also a board member for the National Social Anxiety Center (NSAC), which helps to promote awareness about social anxiety and the CBT treatments available.